When: Friday June 25th and Saturday June 26th
Time: 9:oopm (show length: approx. 1 hour)
Where: Caponi Art Park
Cost: Purchase Tickets Here
Suggested donation is $10 – $30, pay as you can. No one will be turned away due to lack of funds. Ordering ahead of time is preferred. Tickets will be available at the entrance to the outdoor theater.
Parking: Main parking lot
More Information: www.offleasharea.org
Additional Information: This hour-long performance will take place in the dark as there will be a light show incorporated into the production. The park trails will be lit and visible to help you find your way back to your vehicle. Come experience the park after hours and walk along the illuminated trails! It is summer in Minnesota so don’t forget to bring some bug spray just in case!
Among the trees and under the stars! Off-Leash Area, one of the Twin Cities longest running and most awarded small companies, brings their 2021 Mainstage production, Mulier Dierum: Chronicles of Woman, to the Caponi Art Park. (suitable for all ages)
Mulier Dierum: Chronicles of Woman is a gorgeous production and collaboration between the stellar See Change Treble Choir, a choir of 40 women’s voices, and Off-Leash Area, the Ivey and Sage Award Winning dance & theater company. The show is a journey about the resilience and power of all generations of women, told in voice, dance, sound, and live animation/projection design.
Mulier Dierum is a beautiful and emotional production, mirroring the strength of cumulative generations of women, and insisting on women’s value and power at all ages outside of the false spectrum of sexual object to invisible old crone. With a company of women dancers spanning each decade in age from their 20’s to 60’s, together we face our fears and fulfill our deserved desires with ferocity and vulnerability by sharing our generational wisdom and wildness of women and femme power. The voices of forty choral singers and the bodies of eight dancers affirm together: We build, We honor, We persevere, We flourish.
- Directed and Choreographed by Off-Leash Area Co-Artistic Director Jennifer Ilse
- Created in collaboration with See Change Treble Choir under the direction of Allyss Haecker
- Original choral score by Linda Kachelmeier
- Performances by dancers Gemma Isaacson, Christine McGinnis, Parisha Rajbhandari, Julie Warder, Heather Klopchin, Rachel Lieberman, Jennifer Mack, Esther Ouray, and Jennifer Ilse
- Immersive live animation/projection design by Off-Leash Area Co-Artistic Director Paul Herwig
- Sound design, edit and mix by Reid Kruger