Caponi Art Park is open to the public, free of charge.
Donations are appreciated to help preserve and maintain the beauty of the grounds and support the park’s educational and cultural programs.
Caponi Art Park Etiquette
• Park trails are for pedestrians only.
• Cars and bicycles are not allowed beyond the parking lot. A bike rack is available for your use.
• Please help keep the park clean by using trash receptacles located throughout the park.
• Dogs are welcome. Please keep dogs on a leash and pick up after them to keep the park clean.
• Please do not climb on the moss. The moss is a part of the art and difficult to maintain.
• Children should be supervised at all times. Children are encouraged to touch the sculptures, however, for safety sake and to prevent damage, please do not climb on the art.
• Buildings located on park property are closed to the public.
Caponi Art Park is located on 60-acres of rolling wooded land in Eagan, MN. Situated off of I-35E from Hwy exit 94 between Pilot Knob Rd and Lexington Ave, the Art Park is just a short drive from downtown St. Paul and Minneapolis and the Mall of America.
Google Map >
MVTA route 446 (Monday – Friday)
Stops at Light-Rail 46th St Station, Eagan Transit Station, & Lexington Ave/Diffley Rd (0.25mi from park)
Public parking is located on the south side of Diffley Road. The pedestrian tunnel running under Diffley to the north side of the park is accessed from this parking lot.
Theater in the Woods Event Parking
In addition to our main parking lot, performance parking for the Summer Performance Series and select events is available at the Lexington-Diffley Athletic fields. Banners and signs will be posted. Walking distance to amphitheater is comparable from either entrance.
Accessible Parking when touring the Sculpture Garden
For people with limited mobility parking is available adjacent to the sculpture garden in the private parking lot at 1205 Diffley Road, Eagan. Please call 651.454.9412 for further information and to inform staff of your need. This will ensure that we have adequate space for your vehicle.
Caponi Art Park, and its unique spaces, art and earthworks, is a distinctive place to inspire photographers to shoot images unlike any other. Visitors are welcome to take still photographs and videos for personal, noncommercial use. Permits are available for commercial photographers to use for nature stills, family photos, senior pictures and engagement portraits.
General Policies for all Photographers
All photographers should honor these policies when using Caponi Art Park as a backdrop for any photography or filming.
- Respect the art and earthworks: Do not climb on the sculptures, walls, trees, delicate moss or gardens.
- Respect other visitors: Photographic equipment should not encumber or interfere with other visitors enjoying the park.
Capturing photographs for weddings, engagements, senior pictures and family portraits is permitted for a fee. Please see below and contact the park office at 651.454.9412 to obtain a permit.
- Daily Permit $75
- Season Permit $200
Other Commercial Photography
(senior, family, and engagement portraits, etc. for sale and distribution)
- Daily Permit $25
- Season Permit $100
Commercial Videography of park events and programs is not permitted except with prior consent from park staff and performer(s).
Caponi Art Park is a nonprofit organization. Permit fees help to maintain the beauty of the park and ensure it remains free and open for the community to enjoy.